Monday, September 21, 2009

Heart Walk


I am walking in the Kentuckiana American Heart Association Heart Walk on Saturday! I have become more passionate about this cause recently because of my involvement with the open heart surgery team at Baptist Hospital.

It is amazing to see the WIDE range of patients, from young to old, men and women, symptomatic and not (which is scary!), and obese to even thin! While we all learn the typical symptoms (chest pain that radiates to the arm, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, etc.), not all patients have these symptoms!

So, here's my public service announcement.... if you have a family history of heart disease, have pre-existing conditions yourself (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity) or have ANY symptoms, PLEASE GO VISIT YOUR DOCTOR to see if you are at risk! Trust me, treating the conditions before a potentially fatal heart attack, will put your mind at ease, as well as your families! I don't want to see you in the OR! Although, I would take the best ever care of you!

If you want to support me in the heart walk, please visit my site to make an easy, secure donation online by Friday, September 25th!

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/kentuckianaky/watsonsurgerymain






No comments:

Post a Comment